Wednesday 14 May 2014

'Time for bed' said Zebedee.............and my voice is back!

Welcome to new followers and thank you to you all for nice words.



Sorry that in previous post I was less vocal than usual - voice back now though!  Thank you for your exceptionally kind comments on that previous post - perhaps I should be voiceless more often (less is more....).  As always I am a little behind in replying to comments but I will indeed be doing so.

So here we are trotting down memory land YET AGAIN.  This time we are tra la la'ing with 'The Magic Roundabout'. 

BOING! 

 This fabric is a wonderful crisp cotton -  having bought it a few years ago I finally did a bit of loin girding and chopped into it (I did indeed hear the fabricos give a little gasp).



My favourite character was/is Brian - a cheery fellow with pithy words and one-liners.  I was never fond of Dylan - he was far too slow for my liking and something of  a dullard in my 9 year old eyes.  I now find that I am a bit slow and an occasional  dullard....how times change.........


I also thought that Zebedee was slightly sinister




 I have gone on about bottom alignment on more than one occasion over the years : I am sorry if you have still not learnt this lesson as it is one of life's fundamentals.  Here I am AGAIN showing how your bottom should be fully aligned in order to achieve that Zen-like state we aspire too!




Om............




The lining is some 70s fabric which I thought suited the 'groovy' feel of the purse ('Is she of this present age'?).

The wallpaper?  Well, this was bought from a local shop a few years ago and I use little bits of it now and again.  When the occasion demands a: '70s, zany, daisy, yellowy/browny, swirly/curley' backdrop this wallpaper then swings into action at a moments notice............

Some of you may recall this old photograph of mine from Flickr where, on the HOTTEST day of the year, I decided that it would be a great idea to go into Bronte's bedroom (AKA GREENHOUSE) and paper this chest of drawers.  The CoD was ours as children (one drawer per child) and  it was painted many times....if you look inside one of the drawers you can see my graffiti from circa 1972.  This was the wallpaper result:



Note that I made no attempt to match up the pattern - a step too far in the heat that day.  An acquired taste I think and some of you might be reeling at this point!


A suitably old matching lampshade.  .


I think that I have mentioned before that the decor becomes more 'modern' as you progress through the house with the top bit being more 1970s than 1890s (as seen at the bottom).

 Other 70s wallpaper moments from the house ( Bronte's bedroom)  can be seen here and below:















The PS section of this blog is usually an optional extra - do not feel obliged to read as it is often more of a ramble, veers off piste to a subject far from the original posting's brief and where I get things orf my chest.  It less of a PS and more of a........

PS: I recently sold an embroidered  purse for £7.99 (I have deferred the early retirement plan, delayed the Med.Cruise which I had promised to the children and informed everyone that it is going to be a lean Christmas.....).  Anyway I carefully refunded  60 pence overpayment on the postage only to find.....some time after the event....that I had refunded the entire payment.  Completely my fault of course but yet another nail in 'The Custards Empire' which has been carefully constructed over the preceding decades.

PPS: In my efforts to recycle  and save the planet single handedly I recently offered our old guinea pig hutch on Freecycle -  within a few hours several people had asked if they could have it.  Yes indeed - though it would be ideal if it could be picked up today thank you (space needed for other 'objet' which I will share with you another time......).  One person was very keen but was not able to lift. 'Please keep it for me - we always miss out on these as they are so popular').  The messages became increasingly demanding and ended up being of the: 'If you want me to take this away you will need to lift it  into my car' type.  Hang on a minute I thought that I was doing you the favour!  What HAPPENED THERE!  I found myself calling Dom at work to check that he would be able to lift it by himself (it was wooden and double height) as I was at work when it was being collected ('I am in a meeting but don't worry Jenny I appreciate that the Guinea Pig hutch is the priority here').  I had half a mind to hide in the hutch and then do an Trojan Horse exposé at the recipient's end.....  'Tis a funny old world. Gift Trojan horse....mouth.....

PPPS: Similarly you may recall the purse which I made for the manager of a charity shop.  Well when I went back to pick up the cupboard (which you may also recall) the manager appeared saying that she was glad to catch me as she wanted me to make some cushion covers out of an old Chinese silk dress which was hers in the 1950s......'Yes that would be fine....I have nothing else to do at the moment.......' I replied (my teeth might have been 'gritted' at this point.....).  'Don't be silly, they won't take long, of course I don't need paying for it' (passive aggressive....!).  The manager requested two small 'boudoir' cushions with full use of  existing Chinese embellishments thank you.  I did emphasise that silk was tricky to sew with (had she not watched The Great British Sewing Bee) and I DID NOT POSSESS AN OVERLOCKER...HINT....HINT.  I was assured that would be all fine.

Some time passed............

Making two cushions out of a cheongsam style  dress was difficult - the cut of the dress meant that there was actually not that much continuous fabric (which was beautiful by the way).  I made one cushion cover (having bought a cushion filler and zip..that was ok as I had bought lovely curtains from the shop...£3.99), took it along to show the manager: was it of the standard required and did she want me to make another in the same style..............

BUT the manager was no longer the manager and had left

I dutifully left my telephone number and asked the New Manager (NM) if it was possible to contact the Old Manager (OM). Funnily enough the OM had been ringing up asking the NM if I had been in.  Whilst I trotted round the shop.... the New Manager (NM) quickly telephoned the Old Manager (OM) to present the cushion update .  The NM returned saying: 'The OM says 'Yes' she wants you to make another cushion'.  I did emphasise to the NM that this was not a business transaction, 'I want doesn't get', it was a favour and it may take a little while to make as I DID NOT HAVE AN OVERLOCKER (HINT, HINT ). I may not have relayed all of that information but I left assured in the knowledge that the OM had my telephone number and would of course be calling upon receipt of the one cushion made so far.    No telephone call but a week or so later I cycled along with the other cushion tucked under my arm and presented it to the NM.  There were three assistants gathered around at this time and all of them said how the OM had been waiting for the other cushion.  The cushions were in fact a NEWS item.    That was all a few weeks ago and I never heard from the OM again.

Is it me?

PPPPS: A recent case manifesting increasing 'Dylan behaviour' was demonstrated in the Co-op the other week.  I had completely forgotten the type of tea I usually buy therefore asked the assistant where I could find the 'Far Trade tea please'.  Now if you say 'Far Trade' out loud you will discover (as I did at that exact moment in the beverage aisle) that you sound very much like a BBC news reader circa 1948.  Give it a try now....I will wait for you ...................

See!
 If you did not perceive any difference it might be because:
a) YOU ARE a BBC news reader from 1948
b) You have retained your tight grip on the Queen's English in spite of the ravages of time
c)  You are John Snagge...(least likely option)

Have you seen the Pathe news reels - ruddy marvellous viewing for someone like me!.

What was more of a ruddy wonderment is that the poor lad in the beverage section humoured me: 'Far Trade...hmmmm.... I am not sure if we stock that let me find out..I'm more Tetley myself..'. I was slightly embarrassed when I spotted the 'Fair Trade' label on some Lapsang Souchong and had to bid a hasty retreat.  Extra wonderment is that I knew 'Far Trade' did not sound right at the time (I was thinking: 'What on earth has happened to my voice - Far Trade sounds so very upmarket') but as the tea trade is far away I made a connection so pursued the Far Trade option to the nth degree.  In my work parlance this might be a 'mild' case of cognitive dissonance (willing to debate this of course).  After this event I complied 'The Beverage Report' (another in-joke for a specific possible reader)


PPPPPS: Bronte has informed me that for certain words if you replace an 'a'  with an 'e'  you will then sound like a BBC news reader from 1935.  For example: 'badminton' becomes 'bedminton'.  This is how we pass the time in our house : jolly japes re-enacting Pathe news reports on the  Bedminton horse trials and drinking Far Trade tea!

PPPPPPS: Many years ago I was asked to be interviewed for a BBC Radio 4 programme - that's fine I thought, being used to the televisual medium the radio would of course be a walk in the park.  It was being recorded 'live' but  how else might a programme be recorded!  Kindly a car was offered to pick me up from home and take me to the BBC studios in London, The Aldwych.  Recording would be at 20.00 (I think - cannot quite remember) -  car pick up at 19.00 but by 19.30 no car so I rang Beeb HQ.  'Oh dear - can you please drive yourself and try and get here on time'.  I raced into action and swept into the BBC car park (electronic gates being opened at my command - fancy for those days!) at 19.50, followed by a quick hello and I sat down in the studio.  Thought it a little odd that I could now hear the voice of Brian Perkins reading the news...how lovely to hear Brian, the voice of my childhood....hang on.....that news only happened this morning....there was a red light in the studio....hold those horses .....by 'live' they mean LIVE.  'Could I please give Dom a quick call so that he might capture the moment'........  I have a recording of that programme, I am the heavy breather with lots of 'hums and ahhs'. 

Good times



This is my mug shot!




Normal embroidered service resumed next time perhaps!  

If requested I will also inform you of a curious turn of events with the Gas Man

Thrills and spills with my blog


Thank you for popping round

67 comments:

  1. Darling Jenny:

    How wonderful that you have your voice back, so to speak [no pun intended] as we have been riveted to the PSs although if we were you, and bear in mind we are far less charitable [no pun intended], then we should have wished a plague of locusts, or similar, upon OM, NM and, most likely all the UMs and any other assistant who happened to be present at the handing over of said cushions.

    As for the recipient of the hutch [have scrolled up having forgotten what kind of hutch] but cannot locate the actual PS, well.............All we can say is, to refer to Biblical imagery again, you have the patience of Job!!

    Please thank Bronte for the tip about replacing a with e as we should so like to sound like news readers from the 1930s. Indeed, we must end this comment right now as we are about to change into full evening dress to match our new personas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support during the OM/NM/Um debacle! What a carry on it all was - testing times indeed and a plague upon all houses as a result. The hutch showdown was the final straw that broke my Job-like patience (a good mix of metaphors here).

      How I love the idea of you both resplendent in evening wear with your newly found a/e accent.

      Always remain your delightful idiosyncratic selves
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  2. If we are pursuing the biblical imagery, you are indeed the personification of the noble Dorcas, who sewed wonderful things [or maybe Aholiab the embroiderer in the Tabernacle]
    We too are terribly, terribly fond of RP. There are indeed certain situations when it is quite 'drigger' [our French pronunciation NOT so good]
    Back to the grindstone, said Zebedee...
    And please can anyone tell me where BBC Radio 4 Extra's Crime and Thriller hour has disappeared to? It was my delight to sit down with a cup of [Far Trade] tea and listen to the crisp tones of Paul Temple and his good lady 'Steve' - by Timothy! that pair were such fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I accept the Dorcas mantle Angela!
      The machinations of Radio 4 scheduling is a mystery to me I'm afrraid - wish I knew how they arrive at their final plan.
      Thank you for calling in
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  3. So many delightful things to comment on Jenny! I loved Magic ROundabout, but now find all the characters slightly suspect ...

    About the Freecycle hutch ... how rude and what a cheek! I was giving away a lovely brown leather 70s leather chair. Nothing wrong at all, no holes, etc. A lady said she was coming for it, so we huffed and puffed with it and put it on the drive. 3 hours later I messaged the lady as to her whereabouts and she said "oh, we drove past and didn't like the look of it, it's not what we were looking for" ...

    I can't even talk about the ignorance of OM ... I really feel for you and no, Jenny, it is NOT you! You are kind, thoughtful, and do things for others with no reward ... promise me, you won't make her anything else?

    Must go .... time for bed! (haha it's only 1.40pm, but had to get that in)

    Love Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That woman was ruddy rude Claire! What a sauce.
      Thank you for your time to bed gag
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  4. I had such a giggle reading your post, you have certainly had an eventful time. What awful behaviour of the person who wanted your guinea pig hutch & fair trade tea. I'm giggling as I type.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Joanne
      Many thanks for calling in and sorry for the delay in replying. I am glad that I added a bit of cheer to your day
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  5. Oh Jenny, you make me laugh and laugh (or should I say LOL or LOLZ). Anyway, I'm at work and trying not to snigger too loudly otherwise I might look a fool. I know what you mean about Far Trade Tea. I do that a lot - get words slightly wrong I mean. In my mind, they're right but they come out a little odd. I hate that! What a palavar about the cushions. The Hattatts are quite right with their biblical reference. Looking forward to hear about you and the Gas Man... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Loo
      Apologies for the delay and thank you for calling in
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  6. Oh Jenny... yep sadly being thoughtful and lovely doesn't mean it is alway reciprocated.. you are not alone in being thoughtful or bewildered though... I actually think that some folks have no idea they are being rude or mindless and sadly then there are those that do and just don't give a monkeys! In the past, I've had others be really suspicious of my thoughtfulness which I find so sadly.. Life is full of Swings and Roundabouts (ahum) as my beloved Granny used to say... My little garden's full of bees and fledglings at the mo I do hope yours is too... yes please to cuttings but not sure when the 'right ' time is... I'm off to replace me vowels... Cass x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Cass
      Sorry for the delay in replying - re: rose I thought that I might try taking some cutting and grow you a fully fledged rose! Not sure if my fingers are green enough but I will give it a try.
      We will keep going with the swings and roundabouts!
      Have a lovely weekend
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  7. I am just that bit older than you, and was raised in Virginia, and so I completely missed The Magic Roundabout. From this post, I can tell that I truly missed something!

    What you've reported about human nature rings true with me. I have countless examples of my own to relate, or not. Rest assured, it is not just you.

    On the 1970's front, a marvelous, very groovy new stamp has been issued by the United States Post Office to honor Jimi Hendrix. Perhaps if you visit www.usps.com/stamps you might be able to see the design. I think you'd like it a lot.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Frances
      Thank you for the information about the wonderful stamp - I still have my childhood stamp collection and I will have to dig it out again now!
      I hope that you have a lovely weekend
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  8. Love the 70s theme ! It reminds me of cycling home from school on my Budgie ( the mini Chopper ! ) and then sitting watching The Magic Roundabout in my tank top and drinking tea from one of my mum's Midwinter mugs. Speaking of tank tops, wouldn't it be simply marvelous if they came back into fashion ? Especially ones like the one Bob "man about town" Ferris used to wear on Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads ? You know, the green one with the round pot plant on the front.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Nick
      We still watch the re-runs of The Likely Lads and I only got rid of my old tank top within the last ten years or so (why did I do that!). I love the idea of you cycling home from school on your Budgie = do you have any photographs of such an event?
      Thank you again for calling in
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  9. I just love your blog and pitter patter every time...Jo xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Jo
      How very kind of you - I hope that I can maintain the patter!
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  10. I do love reading your posts, they make me chuckle! Would really like to know about you and the gas man..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Jille
      Thank you kindly for your sweet words - we aim to please
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  11. Love you new purse, you are very talented x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daw....thank you kindly jabbot
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  12. Hi Jenny,

    It's our age me thinks, I recently asked if the builder if he did flashing...oh yes I did. Not sure how red my face was, so looking forward to the tale of the gas man.
    Recently was asked ( rather rudely I think!,) via facebook if I did curtains, no please or thank you....said I didn't sew for rude people....was then blocked/ deleted. How rude are they?

    Love the blog, have missed you!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Lisa
      I hope that all is well with you and your family
      Thank you so much for sharing your 'flashing' gag! I have done a similar with stuffed pork roll!

      Some people.....

      Thank you for calling in
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  13. oh crikey i don't know where to start ........... i love your beautiful purse - cannot believe that the person that you inadvertantly gave a purse to hasn't realised that she didn't pay - hopefully she will realise soon and pay again!!!! i have to say that it does sound like something i would do - i always try to be fair with postage and get into all sorts of trouble!!!! your even longer than usual PS had me laughing my head off - how could we all have been hoodwinked by the OM? - she seemed like such a nice lady!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lynne
      So sorry for the delay in replying - yes I had hoped that they would be in touch but never mind it was all my fault. We were indeed hoodwinked by the OM....we live and learn!
      Have a lovely weekend
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  14. Wow! You certainly have made up for the lack of words. Your blog brings such a smile to my wrinkled old phizog. This time there was also gasps of horror at the OM's behaviour. Surely you are a saint to have done all this work for the woman and without an overlocker! She seemed such a nice soul in the original post, it beggars belief what some folk expect of the kindness of strangers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Arthur
      The thrills and spills of life I think! Thank you for boosting my ego and I hope that you have a swallow (and amazon) filled weekend
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  15. Maybe Om doesn't realise that she was being a tad thoughtless by imposing on your generous nature..but you did manage to reduce that said woman to tears and at least you can assume that she highly appreciates your effort, even though they haven't been vocalised. As for the other riff- raff hanging around ...ignore them.
    As usual your purse is lovely and like your blog post very colourful. As always an entertaining visit ...Your mug shot suggest you are fully stacked (rather than having a great rack!) or you have a nice set of cups! Sorry , enough!
    Looking forward to your next installment.. (My toes are no longer in the water..too bl...y cold) Chow for now. Monique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Monique
      Your are far more generous in spirit than myself I think but you are right I had made her cry so all was not lost!
      All puns appreciated and thank you for admiring my stack.......and cups........

      I hope that you have a lovely weekend and the water is warmer...)
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  16. Boooiiing! I loved the magic roundabout - that was my childhood! Lovely fabric, am jealous. Think om is horrible, appreciative person and you should have kept her cushion. Grrr. Glad your voice is back x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That made me laugh Ginny Thank you for calling in
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  17. How I wanted to reach in and grab that purse from under you very nose Jenny. I too found Brian a wise old thing, but I was confused as a child because my dad was called Brian and he looked nothing like a snail. Dougal was my favourite and for some reason I loved flea bitten old Hartley Hare on Pipkins too. I found him really creepy when I was showing it to my girls the other day.
    My students haven't turned up today so we're hiding in computer land keeping our heads down. My LSA has just seen your 70's paper and said oh my god - she'd dead old, 60 in fact, so thinks she's done it all. A very good friend actually and she's still reading over my shoulder. I, however, love it. Your retirement plans made me laugh.
    Have a great week Jenny.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Lisa
      Belated thanks for calling in. Ah yes Hartley Hare - I remember that programme too (I don't think Pipkins fabric exists but I will have to find out now!)

      Very good idea to keep head down if student's don't pitch up - I am just heading into the exam marking season so life gets busy again for me.

      Here's too a happy retirement!

      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  18. Your fabric stash must be incredible Jenny - I love the Magic Roundabout fabric and the purse is not bad either! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barabara - I do have a fair bit of fabric..........
      I hope that you have a lovely weekend
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  19. Love, love love your delightful purse and The Magic Roundabout being such a special part of my child hod too! i had a soft spot for Dougal.....I also love Hectors house ( bet your remember this ) goodness ...who's going back a bit and showing their age!.. Glad you've got your voice back too, lovely Jenny! ~ And peeps never surprise me..they some times take all the biscuits..! ha..
    Take time to dream...
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes Hectors House - I loved that more than MR but sadly I have no HH material ! I will now have to spend a lifetime looking for some!

      Thank you for calling in Maria and I hope that it stays sunny all weekend
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  20. Fuller reply on my blog - but quick note here- sorry, cannot take up the ticket off for 22nd!! Wish I could though xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem - it was a good fun evening
      I hope that you have a lovely holiday
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  21. Simply marvellous post! The colours were pyscadellic (?) can't be bothered to go into the other room for my dictionary!Well it has been a terribly hot tiring day! No tv or radio for me this evening just the jolly japes with Jenny! TTFN Pam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Pam
      Thank you as always dear Pam for your kind words and I hope that the weather is perfect for you this weekend

      Best wishes
      Jenny
      PS: Right click for spelling though be mindful of American spell check

      Delete
  22. Hi dear Jenny - glad to see you back in full verbosity. Sad to say I was not here in the heady days of the Megic Roundabout. Love the purse though. Re. the guinea pig hutch, I recognise the Freecycle people; must be the same ones who wanted my bicycle and then asked me to deliver it to them on the other side of the island. And I have a theory that the Old Manager of the aforementioned shoppe felt that under the Beveridge Plen of 1942, she had an entitlement to TWO cushions, handmade by you, without benefit of thanks or payment. I expect she is one of those people who takes for granted all the jolly nice benefits of the British welfare state, such as it was and is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Seashell
      So sorry for the delay in replying I have been busy (wink, wink). Appalled at your bicycle story - what a ruddy nerve some people have.

      I am liking your weaving in of the Beveridge Plen into the cushions story -

      Keep going!
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  23. I second the request for The Gas Man Story.
    My mother in law once walked into a shop and asked where she could get felt.
    My mother phoned a store and asked for the slack department.
    I watched The Magic roundabout but found it all a bit bizarre. Bill and Ben and Andy Pandy were more my style. I do like your purse though.
    I think there must surely be some explanation for the apparent rudeness of OM. Could she have lost your number, or have fallen suddenly very ill?
    First time I have commented!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Kathy from Tasmania - sorry for the delay in replying

      Delighted to read your comment and it made me roar with laughter - I will have to remember the slack department one and the felt.....ho ho. When I was little I once asked the assistant in the Co-op where I could get stuffed....pork roll.

      You are generous in your allowances for the OM - she has clearly been ill for some time because I never heard another word from her

      Do call back again Kathy
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  24. Dear Jenny I love your PS's (???) best of all - more please!
    Looking forward to hearing about the gas man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We aim to please Gill
      Thank you for calling in
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  25. I would love to see the next cushion and the fabric you are using for the OM. I hope she does something nice for you in return.
    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly for calling in Sheryl
      Sorry for my delay in replying
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  26. Nearly choked with laughter over your "mug shot" and still have the tears in my eyes from laughter over your whole blog. Brill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear blasr
      Thank you for calling in and I am pleased to read of near choking incident (meant kindly - in that I am pleased that it made you laugh not that I am pleased that you nearly choked...oh dear)

      More mug shots can be supplied if needed

      Do call in again
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  27. Your purses are adorable and you have the most fun blog! I'm off to read more! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for calling in Diane and for your kind words
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  28. Memo to self ... remember coffee and Mrs Custard do to mix ... I chortled so much I have the former all over my laptop again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah my dear Annie - happy to engender a bit of chortling!
      Have a lovely weekend
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  29. Hi Jenny, what an adorable purse. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Chris
      Thank you so much for calling in and apologies for the delay in replying. Thank you too for your kind words
      Have a lovely weekend
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  30. Ah lovely Jenny. I wondered where you had got to. Loved the magic roundabout nostalgia. Can I just say I shared your concerns about zebedee but I did rather like Dylan. I guess now he was probably high on magic mushrooms or something.
    Gorgeous purse. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes I am sure that the magic mushrooms had a role to play in all of that!
      I hope that you have a delicious weekend Anne
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  31. Really not sure how I missed this post Jenny but I've just got here as your newer post wasn't connecting so I clicked home and then (hold on - hanging on to something steady and taking a deep breath) arrived! Rotten cushion woman - does she KNOW WHO YOU ARE? Surely some form of karma will intervene at some point and an unwanted overlocker will appear on Freecycle - one that's had to make way for a rather large guinea pig hutch. Be careful for what you wish for though or you could find yourself in the receipt of an outdated aarvarlarker x Jane (and yes - Brian was definitely the best one)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jane
      I think that we me publishing instead of saving by mistake!
      Thank you for your hutch/cushion support - I hadn't thought of Freecycle in search of an overlocker, now I am on a mission!

      Your aarvarlarker made me roar!
      Have a lovely weekend
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  32. Gosh, you've been busy again, Jenny. Love the purse. Dylan and Ermatrude were my favourites. Your Ps's (is that a word!) are always so entertaining and cheer me up no end.
    Jacqui xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Jacqui
      Thank you for your kind words as always and sorry that I have taken so long to reply
      Have a lovely weekend
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  33. I am commenter (or is that commentator) number 35...
    Cootard no it is not you, some people no lots of people like things for nothing...many favours I have done have not been appreciated as much as I thought they should have been...(is that me??)
    Yes Zebedee was sinister....and Dylan well I did not 'get' Dylan now of course I do...and Dougal?
    well after adopting my first pooch ....(the said shih-tzu,)
    I have now decided that Dougal was a shih-tzu...revelations of a grumpy old woman aaah ha?
    bestest to you dear gel! (bronte was right...) nice to have this little chat with you. x
    Daisy j x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Ms Daisy
      I love your dog (is that ok to say that??)
      I trust that you will be having a most splendid weekend my dear and all the best to you and your shih-tzu.
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  34. Dear Jenny you are obviously a very generous lady, but you must practice saying' No I'm sorry but I cannot' , or 'Yes, shall we trade something in return?' or 'for you I can do a special price.....(insert double digits at least) or 'Please bring someone with you who can lift this?'.......once you start doing this it will become easier, honestly! :-) X

    ReplyDelete