Friday 2 April 2010

Some things that have got to go to a new home....

I know that I keep going on about the changes in our house (and it does seem to be taking a long time, unlike certain telly programmes where it is all done with a sweep of the hand!) - but here are some more things that have  got to be re-housed.  Our lovely, mini size, childrens  Lloyd Loom chair (because it is not as if I don't have any others...) and my Imperial Typewriter (which my children have never taken a blind bit of notice of until I brought it downstairs and they now think that it a great contraption - especially the bell at the end of the line! Ping!).  I did play the Typewriter Music to them to add in some atmosphere!  I think that Ian Fleming wrote James Bond on something similar!  I intended to do the same, just like that,  but somehow I have never got round to it.  Anyway here they are for posterity!


7 comments:

  1. Oh Jenny, it must feel awful having to be ruthless. Have you decided where your Lloyd Loom chair is going? (Love the cushion too!) Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary - sorry to here that your blog is temporarily lost in the ether. Sort of glad that it wasn't me being completely inept! Could you let me know when it is back on track - I am finding this blog finding business a little tricky and following anyone is a bit hit and miss!
    Thank you for your kind comments - this will probably wend its way to eBay or the local Freeads (where sometimes things that are heavy do much better than the national method!) - the cushion too as I have too many of those as well. I feel quite sanguine about it really as I have had many years of good use out of my things and it is not as if the house is empty! I like to think of it as just circulating stock! The chair has been checked out with the children - they have decided that they want to keep the most awful giraffe....oh dear!
    Happy Easter Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jenny, I phoned a friend and he discovered I'd deleted it by mistake! Anyhow it's back on track now and I've posted 2 teeny offerings. Goodness knows what you'll find though, as I'm now trying to create a 2nd blog to sell my excess on, but it's linked to my first one and I'm completely befuffled by it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Mary - think that I am now following your shop page! I cannot seem to send a comment to you from there though - however I do look forward to your shop and delights! There does come a time, doesn't there. I am just trying to be selective - my problem is that there is a world of wonder out there and I am like a child in a sweet shop. Popped out to buy a new vacuum cleaner today - came back two tablelcoths and a lovely vintage tin (!!!) - I post pictures later! Take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee hee! Did you remember the vacuum cleaner? And yes, you are following both my blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would give my right arm for that typewriter - but then, how would I type?? Hope it found a very loving home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovin the fabric in the chair cushion :)

    ReplyDelete