Friday 7 December 2012

100 things to do with a blank wall - No. 100



Sorry if you missed the other 98 ideas that I had!!





I luuuuuurrrrrvvvvvweeeee this fabric.  I have sat on a cushion made from this fabric for a few years - it sits on my sewing chair - poor thing!  Well, I thought that it was the same fabric - it is the same print but a bigger size and a different coloured beige background - I have a bit more that I will make some more cushions from.

Anyway this large piece from the 1950s has now been framed (fancy!) and I love it muchly. I would not sell my 'wall art' for a wad of our British pounds


No matter what I do I cannot turn this photo round but I hope that you can get the gist of its loveliness.




This now hangs opposite a painting that I bought this many, many years ago from a shop in Crystal Palace and I usually would rather look at this than the telly! Painted in the late 50s - I particularly love the sky and the leaves on the tree.

Not finished decorating this room yet - had planned to have it done by Christmas but life got in the way....




Eventually this will be moved but not until I've decided what fabric will take its place
My 12 year old told me recently that she had always thought I was the woman dressed in brown.  Here I am tra la la'ing in Paree


As is the way with paintings - close up it makes no sense whatsoever  How wonderful that a few smidges of paint creates a wonderment.






So this is the other version of this fabric plus a NEW mug!  I mentioned on a previous post that this is the only new china that recall buying in the last few years - daft really as I could have had the mug printed myself!  Double daft as I do not need a new mug!

Sorry that I clicked the publish button before

Still not able to upload 'normally' so have yet to put 'Christmas' post together!!!  Maybe for next year....

Giveaway still open!


27 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the fabric and mug Jenny and ditto your painting :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you dear Barbara - mug not needed in the slightest but I like things that match up!
      Oh dear....

      Delete
  2. Jenny, you just love to tease me don't you! I've been waiting to find out about this fabric since yesterday! It's marvellous, I thought you were going to say you just fired up the mug before breakfast this morning, then, in a casual manner, painted it this afternoon!
    Matching mugs and fabric....you've arrived, not sure where, but you've arrived! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ho ho Ada - now making mugs....there's an idea....
      I am a sucker for things that match...sadly...
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful fabric ... I'm not surprised you love it so ... I'm sure it is beautiful on your wall ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dearly Bee - I am entranced by it at the moment!
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  4. Really wonderful fabric - and how fabulous to have a matching mug! Now I really DO need new mugs...any idea where that little beauty came from?! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful - all of it! Love the fabric and painting. I have so many pieces of fabric waiting to be made into cushions and I really don't need any more! Love Mrs RV x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes - the fabric store...it is a terrible thing really. I am pleased to announce that I don't have that many cushions and our new sofas come without any so I can make different ones!
      Many thanks
      jenny

      Delete
  6. That fabric reminds me so much of the original cartoon version of 101 Dalmatians. Are there any little dogs dotted around?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly no little dogs are visible but I know what you mean

      Delete
  7. I have a little etching of a Paris street by a flower stall and I LOVE it. Your wonderful piece has made me think of what I can 'put it together with'. I can can easily see why you fell in love with your fabric! Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to seeing your little etching Jane. I like things to 'marry' up - daft really
      Many thanks
      Jenny

      Delete
  8. How lovely your daughter has always imagined you were the lady in the picture. I love all the colours in the fabric. Those designers certainly knew a thing or two. Philippa xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Philippa - if I could turn back time....I would go to all the fabric shops!!!
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  9. I love your material and the painting.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Next year! Waiting until next year???....

    Well I simply cannot wait that long for your 'Christmas' post.

    I know it will most likely be humourous, very possibly even make the corners of my face soften with a smile.

    A much needed smile and perhaps a giggle.

    Therefore please Jenny don't make me wait until next year for a good giggle.
    D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless your heart Daisy - I shall have to get my brain into action to think of something very witty now!! My Crusty post got deleted somehow but I shall try and remember of much of it as I can

      Thank you for your kindness
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  11. Wow! at the fabric. I'm struck by how much the colour palette of both pieces is of its time, love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is colour that I am drawn to - can't put my finger on it really. When I see that fabric on this blog I see how it 'goes' with my background photo! Enough already!
      Many thanks
      Jenny

      Delete
  12. It's all too beautiful, my you have brilliant taste. Thank you for sharing that stunning fabric with us xox Penelope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly - that is very sweet of you
      Keep warm
      Jenny

      Delete
  13. beautiful fabric! and a greta mug too, i rarely buy new mugs either, although i'm hoping santa will bring me some of the new Monsoon/Denby crockery as i am in love with that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall have to look that crockery up claire - I used to buy seconds if I really liked something that was pricey and I could never see what the fault was!
      I shall keep an eye out!
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  14. Oh Jenny, I love your blog and these fabrics are to dye for! I love the photograph of the mug and it looks very welcome so please don't blame it for being new - we were all new at one time or another.

    These fabrics remind me of the cityscapes wallpaper which has been in wallpaper catalogues for a while and is now appearing even in poor old B&Q. It's mostly black and white with little splashes of lime green and/or red. As we live in a tiny, ugly brick bungalow I am trying to persuade my husband to paper the whole house, inside and out, in a Manhattan cityscape. A good idea,don't you think?

    Best wishes,

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete