Saturday 11 August 2012

Well done World and Team GB and looking forward to the Paralympics

I never knew that I loved canoeing, rifle shooting, equestrian, judo...on and on....sports that I was only half aware of some of the time.  Edge of my seat for all of it - big pat on the back for the world for coming together and putting on a jolly good show. Managed to cry quite a bit - because of winners and losers and well done'ers.  Posting this now as I am busy this weekend but hope I see the final display. I think Channel 4 have done a great job of promoting the Paralympics and am very much looking forward to that starting  soon.

Here are a few more London bits and bobs - a bit more 'up to date' than the previous post! This London tablecloth is used a great deal -  mainly because I love looking at it whilst eating my dinner!  Just like the other London tablecloth it is also practical for those moments when you forget which bus you need to catch.



I also love the clashy colours



I also like the fact that I can trace my nursing history around this tablecloth

You then can use your Carnaby Street tea towel for the drying up afterwards


Finishing off with your Dixon of Dock Green tea towel for the evening meal



Sing along at the back.....

Every home should have a Dixon of Dock Green tea towel...If anyone knows if a 'Dr Finlay's Casebook' tea towel exists I would love to know....or 'Liver Birds'....or ....

Eve'nin' all






14 comments:

  1. Good morning Jenny! I adore that tablecloth, it's fabulous. You know me and my bright colour clashes. Hope you're enjoying this gorgeous sunshine, have a lovely weekend. Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel - lovely to hear from you. The sun has been marvellouso and brightens any day. School holidays are whizzing by...

      Delete
  2. It is incredible how unique and colorful and clashy these linens are! Fabrics seem very pale nowadays!
    It is also funny that this is not my style at all (I'm rather blue, linen, white, wood, old haberdashery items, laces, cristal engraved glasses and watercolors of nice bouquets) but I am litterally fascinated by your world!
    And I almost cried last night when our pole vaulter won the gold medal!!!
    And if talking was an Olympic game, I would be in the National team for sure!
    Have a lovely and sunny weekend Jenny.
    Aamicalement,
    Anne-Sophie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anne-Sophie - I too watched the pole vaulting! Quite an event. I too like the odd bit of old haberdashery! Thank you for your kind comments
      Best wishes
      Jenny

      Delete
  3. Hello Jenny, I love your table cloths- I've just got a really good 1950's cocktail one... so useful! Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed Jane - tablecloths make tea extra special and something to look at! Many thanks
      Jenny

      Delete
  4. Oh what lovely, lovely tablecloths! I especially love the buses. Like you, I didn't realise how interested I was in the Olympics until it started. I've been welling up daily over the winners, losers and like you say, well done'ers. Looking forward to the paralympics now! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something about an image of a bus! Odd but true. I shall miss my daily weep...
      Take care
      Jenny

      Delete
  5. Yes, I've been glued to the Olympics too. Our neighbours had tickets for Thursday and said the organisation was fantastic, loads of volunteers to help you with any questions etc and the whole air of the place was happy and jovial - well done to everyone involved and isn't it great to be British this year?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed Gill - lots of flag waving this year!

      Delete
  6. I loved Dixon of Dock Green! I used to watch it with my dad when I was little, great table cloth! I've just brought some fantastic bark cloth today with soldiers on it, think from the 1950s, very London inspired! Ada :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Ada - very atmospheric ('Softly, Softly' was a bit too hardcore for me!)

      Delete
  7. GORGEOUS table cloth WHEREdo you get your teatowels from? A little joke,which is Britains favourite owl?(a teatowel!) Well I laughed!!Is it just me or are there any other folk just not interested in the olympics? No, oh well I'll head off to the gallows, don't worry I'll clamber up myself,I'm sooo unfit, maybe I should take up some kind of sport!!!Ttfn Pam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on Pam - get your running spikes on and we could enter next time around!!

      Delete