Saturday 29 October 2011

Vintage Autumn leaf china today

Today some friends came round for tea - Dom made a very nice Vicky sponge so my job was to get the china ready.  Not an onerous a task you might think - well it bloomin' well is in our house!  I selected one or two cups but then  rooted around and more turned up.  I now wish that I had chosen a different leafy tablecloth (I am sure that there is another one in the house..).

This has all been bought from various jumbles and car boots over the past few years.

Added to this it has been a lovely sunny afternoon here and it made this room very bright.

Forgot to take a photo of the cake and a pretty orange cake stand - now that I am writing this I have just remembered that I have a cake stand with nasturtiums on it!  Maybe tomorrow!

8 comments:

  1. I love your cheery jumble of china and tablecloth. Is any of the china Grindley or Midwinter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great china... even without the cake it looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy china! I have a large jug in the Stylecraft leaf design, must find it. Looking forward to seeing your nasturtium cake stand.
    Mary xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That china is so lovely! I never see stuff like that, what brilliant finds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful china! I love the autumnal patterns!
    www.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog via pinterest! I'm obsessed!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete