Monday 27 February 2012

Ego fully swollen....

Thank you always and 'all ways' for kind comments - much needed due to mid-life crisis (Reader:"What do you mean mid????" "Don't be cheeky" - Ed).  Further chuffedness came from being on the same blog page as Tif aka Dottie Angel last week - proof below if needed (shall we add in paranoia to the crisis?):




Extra special chuffedness came from Tif's  niceness in mentioning my blog on her Facebook page in glowing words  (blushes accordingly) - the wonders of t'internet strike again!!  Thank you to Wend from Ticking Stripes for informing me that these were indeed Ghost Lampshade - I had no idea

Mollie Makes have posted my makings before (perhaps I should say here there is no payment or free magazine involved!).  I have said many times that I like to share (and I also like to steer where the sharing takes place - cough, cough).


I shall now come out of the closet (like Mr Benn all over again) and mention that my sewing room was in Issue 6 of Mollie Makes (best to keep some things in the closet until after the settlement of dust) - here:




Wish that I had tidied up - I can see a tin of paint in one of the photos and that irritates me greatly. I really have to go now as we are getting the doorways widened on the morrow for some reason.....

6 comments:

  1. Hi you thoroughly deserve it. I've just discovered your blog after seeing that image and I absolutely love it. Beautiful. :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks - I think my daughter appreciates her bedroom.....

      Delete
  2. I am so happy for you sweet Jenny! It is well-deserved!!!! You're so creative and inspiring!!! I love Mollie Makes! It is my favourite magazine! It is a month behind on the newsstand here in the US, but well worth the wait. I don't have the issue 6, but I am glad you shared the photo. Your sewing room is gorgeous and I am sure no one noticed the paint, though I understand it bothered you, I am like that too! :) Love and hugs, Paula xoxo… hope the door widening goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny,
    I love the post here, and all the changes to your blog, I just can't seem to find your email. We emailed before, but it must have been on flickr. Well, I wanted to send you a photo of what I found,,,the pattern for the dressmakers model,,,now I am tearing up the sewing room to find the rubber stamp I had made. I boxed up so many patterns years ago, I will probably get re-inspired in too many directions. I have so many unfinished projects now. The pattern has a sewn, but not stuffed body etc,,,ready to go! It seems your pattern is easier, I have the 6 darts and that is extra steps. I could put you as "family" on flickr and then it would be a private photo...yea I will do that, so check my flickr in a bit. I will go over there in a bit.
    Congratulations on being published, how exciting, I have never seen the magazine, but I will check into it. I love your style, so does my sister.
    See you a flickr!
    Happy sewing!
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello again - I shall 'have a go' as soon as possible and let you know Marcie. Not too much sewing being done at the moment sadly. Just remembered that I think that I forgot to put a note in my parcel - oh dear - if some odd things arrive in the post you will know who they are from!!!
      Take care
      Jenny

      Delete
    2. Hi Jenny,
      I got your email, and I will love whatever treasure you send, note or no note,,,it's totally ok my friend. I will email you when it arrives...so exciting. Still haven't found the stamp, but in the process, I found other unfinshed projects, and quickly put them back in de-nile...lol
      Love
      Marcie

      Delete